As you know, The Facing Project Gives, Inc., d/b/a The Facing Project, would like to produce a story based on your personal experiences (the “Work”). We understand that you are willing for us to do so.
The purpose of this letter is to avoid misunderstandings in the future, and to make sure that we have your specific permission to use the interview and related materials (or any parts thereof) in a variety of ways. Also, we want to make sure that any materials you give us for or in relation to the interview can be used without the need for getting permission from someone else.
So, please carefully read the following terms, and if acceptable, please indicate your agreement to the following provisions by signing below and returning the original of this letter to us.
- In consideration for being included in the Project, you consent to be interviewed, and you agree that we can use your comments as quoted or derived from the interview(s), and any materials that you may provide to us (all of the foregoing collectively referred to herein as “Materials”), in the Project and in its publication, advertising or promotion, and in any editions or revisions thereof, in any languages throughout the world. You understand and agree that the Project, the Materials, and/or portions thereof may be published on our websites, in other printed and electronic media, and in other forms and media now known or hereafter developed, and you consent to all such publication and uses without compensation. You further understand and agree that the Project and /or Materials may be developed for derivative uses such as for television, motion pictures, home video, or other media now known or hereafter developed, and you hereby consent to and authorize all such derivative uses without compensation.
- We will not use your name unless you give us specific permission to do so. You waive any right to inspect the Project or any uses of the Materials or elements thereof. You own and retain all right title and interest in the Materials. You grant to The Facing Project and its licensees, successors and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and royalty-free license to use the Materials, in all formats and media, whether now known and existing or hereafter discovered or developed, for all or any purposes whatsoever, including but not limited to, the right to (a) modify, edit, combine with other materials, translate, include in collective works and create derivative works, and (b) reproduce, perform, display and transmit in whole or in part or as modified or adapted by The Facing Project.
You further waive any claim relating to rights of privacy or publicity, confidentiality, or otherwise.
- You represent and warrant that you have full right, power and authority to execute this Agreement and that you are over 18 years of age. You further represent that no third party has or will have any right, title or interest in the Materials or any element thereof, and that no further consents or permissions will be required to enable us to use the Materials as herein authorized. You also agree that the Materials will not constitute defamation or libel. You hereby agree to indemnify us from and against all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including court costs and attorney fees, should the Materials, or any part thereof, infringe upon, or violate, the rights of any third party(ies).
- You own and retain all right, title and interest in the Materials. You grant to The Facing Project and its licensees, successors and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and royalty-free license to use the Materials.
- You agree to execute such other documents as may be reasonably necessary to carry out the intents and purposes of this letter agreement.
- This letter agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the heirs, successors, licensees and assigns of the parties.
Thank you for your participation!
Very truly yours,
The Facing Project
AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED by